My birth kit arrived today! It is always an exciting pregnancy milestone, remember last time? I had received a notification in my email that it was expected to come today, so I patiently waited all day.
Right after we got done having lunch is when I heard the UPS man pull up. I ran to my bedroom to grab my camera and ran back to the door and quickly snapped a picture of him. He must have thought I was the strangest person, his look on his face was priceless…and it made me embarrassed!
The girls were so interested in all the commotion I was making.
So they helped me open it.
And if you are curious about what exactly comes in a birth kit, here is a list:
- Underpads, to protect the bed/couch when you lay on it
- More underpads, different size
- Poly backed sheets, again, for protecting the bed/covers
- Sterile Exam gloves
- Non sterile exam gloves
- OB Pad, not sure which one that is
- Peri bottle for post-partum
- Bendy straws for drinking during labor
- Sexy underwear
- Feminine pads
- Little hat for baby
- Tape measure
- Bulb Syringe
- Goldenseal Capsules for the baby’s bellybutton
- Scrub brush for the midwife to clean and prep her hands/arms before the birth
- Cord ring
That’s it, pretty simple, you don’t need much.
Next, we will be waiting for the birth pool….oooh, more excitement! It’s getting so close!